Step 1: Clean nails with nail polish remover or alcohol. (Clean, oil free nails are one of the most important steps of the application)
Step 2: Cut and file nails to desired length and shape.
Step 3: Buff top of the nail and push back cuticle.
Step 4: Match nail (finger or toe) to the nail shield that best fits.
Step 5: Peel off nail shield and warm with a blow-dryer 10-15 seconds or until soft and flexible.
Step 6: When warm, press the shield onto the nail. Apply firm pressure around edges to adhere the shield to the nail. Use rubber cuticle pusher to seal the shield around the cuticle.
Step 7: Trim the top with scissors and file off remaining shield using a downward motion to remove excess.
Step 8: Apply heat and pressure to the shield again until it is sealed to the nail. (Repeating this step several times helps create a tight seal to the nail surface and increases wear time)
Optional Step 9: For active users you can add a small amount of nail glue to the free edge to better seal the nail shield.
How to remove:
There are 2 removal options for Jamberry Nail Shields. For Nail Shields that have been worn for more than 10 days we recommend following the Gentle Removal Process.
Quick Removal Process: Heat the shields with a blowdryer for 15 seconds. Then break the seal by getting under the edge of the shield with your opposite thumb nail. Slowly peel the shield from side to side. If the Nail Shields are not peeling easily or the adhesive is still bonded to the nail bed then follow the Gentle Removal Process.
Gentle Removal Process: Soak the Nail Shields in nail polish remover for 20-30 seconds and gently rub them off. Soaking will break down the adhesive bond and allow them to easily slide of the nail bed.
Some other helpful tips:
- You will receive instructions with your purchase and if you have any trouble at all with the application I am always just a phone call away!
- You DO NOT need a base or top coat! But you are free to use either if you feel they are necessary!
- You DO NOT need to be certified to apply these. Jamberry Nails can be applied without a profession stylist or beauty degree!
- NO residue or nail damage will occur from wearing them.
- Please remember to follow the instructions for proper removal! Personally, I prefer to soak mine in polish remover for about 30 seconds and rub them off rather than heat and gently pull.
- You can easily trim the shields with cuticle scissors if you feel your nail is too narrow for the pre-cut strips.
- You can swim withthem on!